Community Ambassador - Bookmobile
- Volet de programme : Jeunesse Canada au travail dans les établissements du patrimoine
- Titre de l'emploi : Community Ambassador - Bookmobile
- Nom de l’organisme : Strathcona County Library
- Lieu de l’emploi : Sherwood Park , Alberta
- Durée de l'emploi : 2017-05-08 à 2017-08-25 (16 semaines)
- Salaire horaire : 27,38 $
Job Posting Community Ambassador – Bookmobile
This is a temporary full-time (35 hr/wk) position for 16 weeks, under the direction of the Manager, Bookmobile Services. This positions runs from May 8 – August 25. This position involves varied shifts (days, evenings, weekends). Hourly rate is $27.38 per hour paid on a bi-weekly basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides research, reader’s advisory and technical assistance to the public in person, online and by phone to meet their interests, information needs, and facilitate their participation in library programs and events so that patrons have answers to their questions on a wide array of topics and develop their information fluency skills.
• Promote the services of the Strathcona County Library Bookmobile and the communities it serves with fun, face-to-face interactions with our new “Wheels”.
• Assist communities with photos and videos to promote community awareness. Maintain FOIP files.
• Attend meetings and maintain communications with community groups and organizers to plan events and programs.
• Supervise volunteers for events and programs.
• Update and maintain project worksheets, statistics and final reports.
• Other duties as required.
• Completion of one year of related post-secondary program.
• Good communication skills and outgoing personality are required.
• Basic computer and word processing skills are required.
• Valid Class 5 driver’s licence and vehicle with $1 million public liability insurance rider required.
• Experience in a leadership role is desirable.
Please note: Applicant must be a returning student in September 2017
Please send resume by email to:
Ms. Diana Balbar, Manager, Bookmobile Services
Strathcona County Library
401 Festival Lane
Sherwood Park AB T8A 5P7
Deadline: February 23, 2016 @ 9:00 am.
Please Note: Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Retour à la recherche