H.B. Kline Jewelry Store interpreter
- Volet de programme : Jeunesse Canada au travail dans les établissements du patrimoine
- Titre de l'emploi : H.B. Kline Jewelry Store interpreter
- Nom de l’organisme : Fort Edmonton Park
- Lieu de l’emploi : Edmonton, Alberta
- Durée de l'emploi : 2017-07-17 à 2017-09-10 (8 semaines)
- Salaire horaire : 17,54 $
Are you excited to learn and eager to share history with others? Are you interested in having conversations with visitors about the history of the Jewish community in Edmonton? Do you want to be an ambassador for cultural awareness? If so, the position of Heritage Interpreter - H. B. Kline Jewellery at Fort Edmonton Park may be just what you're looking for! You'll bring Edmonton's rich history to life, enjoy a challenging and vibrant workplace, and develop memories for the public that will last a lifetime.
In this position you will:
· Share stories about the first Jewish settlers in Edmonton
· Engage visitors in stories about early Jewish community builders such as fur traders, movie magnates, shopkeepers, musicians and more
· Present the history of Edmonton’s Jewish community to the visiting public using a variety of methods such as conversation, tours, re-enactment, role-playing, and hands-on activities.
· Research and develop new stories and activities
· Assist with high-volume special events
· Assist in the maintenance of artifacts and program supplies
· Collect statistical information
· Participate in media engagements, public events, and other functions as required
· Completion of the twelfth (12th) school grade
· Some program delivery experience with the general public, tour groups, children and other program users
· Highly developed interpersonal and verbal communication skills
· Basic knowledge of Judaism, and Jewish culture and traditions
· Experience working in a museum, cultural centre, or historic site is an asset
· Current Standard First Aid and CPR is required prior to commencing employment
· An original Police Information Check, including Vulnerable Sector Check issued within the past 6 months that is satisfactory to the employer will be required before starting in the position. The new hire will be required to obtain this check from Edmonton Police Service. Please note: this may take up to 3 weeks to process
Hours: Up to 37.5 hours weekly, some weekend and evening work is required.
Salary Range: 21B, Salary Grade: 001, $17.54 in accordance with CSU 52
To apply: applications are received through City of Edmonton Taleo software at www.edmonton.ca/jobs by May 1st, 2017.
Edmonton is Alberta’s Capital, a cultural, governmental and educational centre. Nick-named “Festival City” it features dozens of festivals and celebrations year round, with a thriving theatre and arts community. We take pride in the beautiful, protected river valley that plays host to one of the largest trail systems in North America, a great place to bike, walk, canoe and enjoy nature.With close proximity to the Rocky Mountains, it’s also easy to enjoy Canada’s beautiful national parks. Edmonton is home to the Oiler’s NHL team and Eskimos Football Club, North America’s largest Mall, West Edmonton Mall, and one of Canada’s largest living history museums, Fort Edmonton Park. Visit www.fortedmontonpark.ca to visualize your new career and check out our video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qd1fMR6VwvA&t=59s
http://exploreedmonton.com/ gives you a great introduction to Edmonton!
Retour à la recherche