- Volet de programme : Jeunesse Canada au travail dans les établissements du patrimoine
- Titre de l'emploi : Education Assistant
- Nom de l’organisme : Peel Art Gallery, Museum, and Archives
- Lieu de l’emploi : Brampton, Ontario
- Durée de l'emploi : 2017-06-26 à 2017-08-31 (10 semaines)
- Salaire horaire : 15,54 $
The Young Canada Works student will:
- Under the supervision of the Curator/Supervisor of Education and the Education Specialist the Education Assistant will be to work closely with the Education Coordinator, Summer Camp Instructors and volunteers to deliver a successful Summer Camp program to children ages 6 to 12. The Education Assistant will also work with the education team to deliver family programs, school programs, and hands on exhibition activities.
- Assist the education team in the creation and delivery of activities for PAMA Kid’s Summer Camp and PAMA’s Drop in Family Activities
- Assist the education team with various administrative tasks
- Work closely with the education team and museum team to research and develop hands-on exhibition activities
As the idea candidate, the Education assistant will be enrolled in a university undergraduate, or graduate degree or college diploma in Fine Arts, Art History, Cultural Studies, Canadian History, Museum Studies or in the Education field. The successful candidate will have some understanding of public education and museum/art gallery learning principles, and have excellent organizational skills. They will also be relied upon to provide outstanding customer service, and have the ability to work with children. A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office is required. Prior experience in a public gallery setting and with education programming is required. An up-to-date police check is required. First Aid training is an asset. The Region of Peel is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Applications will be accepted until May 5th and interviews will take place the week of May 8th, 2017. Thank you for submitting your application, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Retour à la recherche