- Volet de programme : Jeunesse Canada au travail pour une carrière vouée au patrimoine
- Titre de l'emploi : Cataloguing assistant
- Nom de l’organisme : Centre Canadien d'Architecture
- Lieu de l’emploi : Montréal, Québec
- Durée de l'emploi : 2017-06-01 à 2017-11-21 (25 semaines)
- Salaire horaire : 18,00 $
Title: Cataloguing Assistant
Division : Collection
Location: Canadian Centre for Architecture, Montréal, Québec
Duration: 25 weeks – from July 2017 to January 2018 @ 35 hrs. per week
Start and End Dates (to be confirmed) : 24 July 2017 – 23 January 2018
Deadline: 20 July 2017
Salary: $18 / h
Language(s) of work: English and French
Based on its extensive Collection, exhibitions, programs, and research opportunities, the Canadian Centre for Architecture (CCA) is a leading voice in advancing knowledge, promoting public understanding, and widening thought and debate on architecture, its history, theory, practice, and role in society today. The guiding purpose of the Collection is to make comprehensive and integrated bodies of material available for advanced, interdisciplinary research in order to reveal the changing character of thought of cultural and intellectual circles of the past, and point to the future of architectural thinking and practice.
This internship will focus on reviewing and revising existing object records in the Collection database (TMS), cataloguing Collection material as necessary, and checking the image files to enable the images to appear online with accompanying descriptive metadata.
This project will be of interest to a young graduate of Information Science wanting to gain experience in description and management of museum collections.
Among other tasks, the candidate will:
- Search and review descriptive records in TMS database
- Update data according to accepted standards and system-defined procedures
- Upload images to the database
- Research and input data from external sources (exhibition labels etc)
- Catalogue collection objects – archival documents, architectural drawings, photographs according to museum standards
Required: Library and Information Science graduate
Preferred: bachelor degree in history, art history or architectural history
Skills: accuracy; attention to detail, solid computer skills, care in handling materials, bilingual
Interests: library/museum documentation, research
The candidate must meet the criteria for YCW internship.
Application can be sent to :
Human Resources / Young Canada Works
Canadian Centre for Architecture
1920, rue Baile
Retour à la recherche