- Volet de programme : Jeunesse Canada au travail pour une carrière vouée au patrimoine
- Titre de l'emploi : Library Intern
- Nom de l’organisme : Canadian Music Centre – Prairie region
- Lieu de l’emploi : Calgary, Alberta
- Durée de l'emploi : 2017-09-05 à 2018-03-31 (30 semaines)
- Salaire horaire : 16,00 $
The position of Library Intern will begin September 5, 2017 and run until March 31, 2018. Our offices are located in the Taylor Family Digital Library at the University of Calgary. Wages will be $16.00/hour.
The position of Library Intern will entail:
• Daily library duties such as loan circulation and discharge, managing patrons and donations, and maintenance of the library including annual shelf read.
• Composers Archive Digitization Project.
• Creation of LibGuides for the library website.
• Attendance at local concerts to promote the CMC.
• Employing social media strategies to promote the CMC, and promote knowledge of our partner events, including Canada 150 events.
The ideal candidate will:
• Possess excellent communications skills, in both writing and interpersonal capacities.
• Possess a degree in the field of Music.
• Work in a team environment, along with self-directed work.
• Possess creative problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrate previous skill in programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Previous experience working in a library setting is an asset.
• Previous experience with simple HTML coding, Patron Manager is an asset.
• Occasional work outside regular office hours to accommodate the concert events will be required.
• Manage multiple projects at one time, requiring prioritization and focus.
• Possess a working knowledge of Classical music, specifically Canadian music is an asset.
We have one position to fill, and the deadline for application will be August 1, 2017. Submit your resume through email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Retour à la recherche