Public Programming Assistant
- Volet de programme : Jeunesse Canada au travail pour une carrière vouée au patrimoine
- Titre de l'emploi : Public Programming Assistant
- Nom de l’organisme : Kelowna Art Gallery
- Lieu de l’emploi : Kelowna, Colombie-Britannique
- Durée de l'emploi : 2017-07-31 à 2018-03-30 (32 semaines)
- Salaire horaire : 15,00 $
Kelowna Art Gallery
Title: Public Programming Assistant
Duration: 7-month Young Canada Works Internship
Start and end dates: September 5, 2017, to March 30, 2018
Language of work: English
Wage: $15 per hour
The Kelowna Art Gallery’s looking to hire a Public Programming Assistant that will achieve a standard of excellence in overall program development including public programs, studio programs, school programs, and community-based projects initiatives that build understanding of art and its practices by engaging visitors of all ages and experience levels, with the goal of growing the Kelowna Art Gallery’s audience participation. The Public Programming Assistant will be a collaborative leader who will serve as a professional and passionate advocate for public engagement with art. This position requires an individual who is fueled by a desire to connect art and people. The position will play a defining role in the Gallery’s experiential and educational offerings, connecting the Gallery with our community through innovative programs that challenge conventions.
• Candidate must be a recent post-secondary graduate student with a Degree or Master’s Degree in fine arts, art history, or education.
• Candidate will have a basic level of computer skills and be able to utilize programs like Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
• Candidate will be familiar with utilizing various social media platforms.
• Candidate will have had prior experience working with the public.
• Candidate must be creative, outgoing, self-motivated and work well with a team.
• Knowledge of art history, contemporary art, as well as various art materials and techniques is strongly encouraged.
• Previous experience working in a gallery or museum environment is an asset.
• The ability to speak French is an asset.
Please e-mail cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Or drop off in person at:
Kelowna Art Gallery
1315 Water Street
Kelowna, BC V1Y 9R3
No phone inquiries, please. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Characteristics of City/Region:
With a popular of approximately 123,500, Kelowna is the largest city in British Columbia’s Okanagan Valley. Kelowna boasts all the amenities of a major city: fine dining, unique shops and vibrant culture yet orchards and vineyards thrive within a 10-minute drive out of the downtown core. Spectacular vistas await those ready to explore. A delightful day can be spent sampling the numerous award-winning internationally-acclaimed wineries, while several championship golf courses draw enthusiasts from all parts of the globe. Situated on the eastern shore of Okanagan Lake mid-way between Penticton in the south and Vernon in the north, Kelowna residents and tourists alike find the lake offers wonderful opportunities for boating, swimming or fishing. The nearby mountains attract hikers, skiers and outdoor enthusiasts of all descriptions. The City’s Public Art Collection includes over sixty installations located throughout Kelowna ranging from murals and banners to sculptures and works integrated into the local streetscapes.
Retour à la recherche