Nsyilxcen Language Events Assistant
- Volet de programme : Jeunesse Canada au travail dans les établissements du patrimoine
- Titre de l'emploi : Nsyilxcen Language Events Assistant
- Nom de l’organisme : Okanagan Nation Alliance
- Lieu de l’emploi : Westbank, Colombie-Britannique
- Durée de l'emploi : 2017-05-23 à 2017-08-25 (14 semaines)
- Salaire horaire : 13,50 $
JOB POSTING: NSYILXCEN LANGUAGE EVENTS ASSISTANT
The Okanagan Nation Alliance (ONA) is currently seeking a post-secondary summer student to work as a Nsyilxcen Language Events Assistant. The successful applicant will work within the ONA Communications Department to plan, coordinate, deliver, and report on events and activities specific to the indigenous Okanagan culture and language preservation initiatives. This work will contribute to the promotion of the health and wellness of ONA community members and the practice and preservation of Syilx language and culture.
Start Date: May 23, 2017
End Date: August 25, 2017
Wage: $13.50 per hour
Duties will include:
- Assist the ONA Communications Team in planning, coordinating, delivering, and reporting on cultural events and activities within the Okanagan Nation.
- For each event, a plan will be created and executed. Tasks will be assigned and carried out to ensure that each event goes smoothly.
- Develop strategies to incorporate the Nsyilxcen language into planned events and activities, including the reporting done for these activities.
- Post articles on the ONA website and social media (Facebook, Twitter) to report on cultural events delivered by the ONA and promote the Nsyilxcen language.
- Must be a post-secondary student.
- Understanding of Syilx (Okanagan) language and culture is an asset.
- Communicate effectively in person, online and through social media.
- Ability to find information and strategize for the purpose of executing a plan.
- Ability to plan events and complete a task list with attention to detail.
Retour à la recherche