Summer Camp Leader
- Volet de programme : Jeunesse Canada au travail dans les établissements du patrimoine
- Titre de l'emploi : Summer Camp Leader
- Nom de l’organisme : Calgary Zoological Society
- Lieu de l’emploi : Calgary, Alberta
- Durée de l'emploi : 2017-06-19 à 2017-08-25 (10 semaines)
- Salaire horaire : 15,50 $
Summer Camp Leader at the Calgary Zoo
The preferred candidates will be a dynamic and enthusiastic individuals with a minimum of two years post secondary education in education, biology, environmental sciences (or related fields), have a keen interest in natural history and conservation, and experience in working with school age children and teens. The successful candidates will have the ability to plan and deliver a program of activities to children ages 4-15 in an entertaining and educational manner, and have the ability to organize and manage day to day activities. Summer Camps at the zoo focus on natural history appreciation and conservation.
Under the guidance of the Youth Program Coordinator, the successful candidates are responsible for preparation and delivery of fun, educational, and integrated natural history programs including stories, crafts and activities; supervision of a group of campers; coordinate the use of animal artifacts (biofacts) and teaching aides such as audio-visual equipment; and contribute to program evaluation.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
• Be available June 19 through August 25, 2017
• Comply with the departments uniform and grooming policies
• Be willing to work 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday
• Possess First Aid and CPR certification
• Possess a current criminal record check
• Supports and participates in the Calgary Zoo’s Service Excellence initiative
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: This position requires excellent on-grounds mobility, standing for long periods of time and some lifting.
Retour à la recherche