Outreach and Programming Assistant
- Volet de programme : Jeunesse Canada au travail pour une carrière vouée au patrimoine
- Titre de l'emploi : Outreach and Programming Assistant
- Nom de l’organisme : The Sharon Temple Museum Society
- Lieu de l’emploi : Sharon, Ontario
- Durée de l'emploi : 2017-09-01 à 2018-03-30 (29 semaines)
- Salaire horaire : 14,00 $
Job Description for Outreach and Programming Assistant:
Job Duration: 6 months – September 1, 2017 – March 30, 2018
Wage: $14.00/ hour
The Sharon Temple National Historic Site and Museum is an open-air museum with 8 heritage buildings and two interpretive buildings on-site. The ideal candidate has an interest in history and education, with programming experience. The ideal candidate is energetic and a self-starter, with excellent customer service and organizational skills.
Primary Job Functions:
Programming and Outreach:
- Prepare and initiate new programming on and off-site. Outcome would be at least two new sustainable programs.
- Work with Education and Program Coordinator to create P.A. Day programming for October, November, and in the new year.
- Design and program a week of camp for March Break.
- Implement outreach activities with community partners.
- Create new relations with community members and groups.
- Assist in outreach initiatives throughout the community, work cooperatively with the Collections Manager to work on current community initiatives.
- Assist in the planning, set-up and implementation of all site events.
Collections and Exhibitions:
- Coordinate with staff to supply exhibit support for main 2018 exhibit.
- Assist in facilitation of research requests.
- Assist in the striking of the summer 2017 exhibits, installation of fall 2017 exhibit, installation of winter 2018 exhibit, and planning and design for 2018 exhibit season.
- Work with Collections Manager to update collections records and ensure safe storage of artifacts.
- Assist in the closing of the heritage buildings for the winter.
Marketing and Promotion:
- Work with team to create marketing materials for all events.
- Create content in conjunction with the Collections Manager for all social media platforms.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong understanding of implementing programming and outreach within a community
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to learn database software
- Creative thinker with a passion for history and a willingness to teach
- Experience with the FileMaker Pro software system
- Graphic design and marketing experience
Minimum 6 months in a museum or tourism setting.
Candidate will have minimum Bachelor's Degree or 3 year diploma in Museum Studies, Fundraising, Marketing, Tourism, History, Anthropology, Classical Studies, Archaeology, or Public Relations background with an interest in working within the heritage sector.
7 months, 30 hours/week, contract
This position reports to the Education and Programming Coordinator.
Retour à la recherche