Career Counsellor Assistant
- Volet de programme : Jeunesse Canada au travail dans les deux langues officielles
- Titre de l'emploi : Career Counsellor Assistant
- Nom de l’organisme : Youth Employment Services
- Lieu de l’emploi : Montreal, Québec
- Durée de l'emploi : 2017-05-15 à 2017-09-01 (16 semaines)
- Salaire horaire : 13,00 $
Youth Employment Services (YES) presents the following position available this summer in Montreal, Quebec:
Job Title: Career Counsellor Assistant
Employer: Youth Employment Services
Location: Montreal, Quebec
# positions: 1
Duration: 16 weeks
Start & End Dates: May 15 - September 1, 2017
Language at work: English
The Career Counsellor Assistant will include the following tasks:
1. Shadow a YES career counsellor during counselling and workshop sessions.
2. Assist career counsellors with daily drop-in sessions for resume/cv/and cover letter review, interview preparation and various client questions.
3. Prepare materials for and facilitate job search workshops at YES, and attend outreach workshops in the community.
4. Assist YES career counsellors in assessing clients specific employment related issues.
5. Track, monitor and follow-up on clients progress and provide feedback to the Job Search team.
6. Participate in community outreach projects, for example school visits, workshops and career fairs.
7. Research employment and business trends, as well as growing industries, sectors and resources using the internet and various government websites.
8. Help conduct research and evaluation studies
9. Relieve the receptionist on occasion and greet clients at the YES centre, advise them of available services and direct them to the appropriate services.
10. Ad hoc projects as needed.
Eligibility: Canadian citizen or permanent resident or have refugee status and legally entitled to work in Canada. Be between 16-30 years old and enrolled at a post-secondary institution as a full-time student in the Winter/Spring 2017 semester and are intending to return to full time studies in the Fall, 2017 semester. Be willing to commit to 35 hours of work per week for 16 weeks and cannot have another full time job while employed under this project. The student must live > 125kms from downtown Montreal or in another province to be eligible for this position.
The ideal candidate will be studying in Psychology, Social Work, Human Relations, Applied Human Science or Human Resources or a related field. They will have excellent inter-personal and communication skills and be at ease or have prior experience moderating workshops and speaking in front of groups of 20 people. They must be organized and have a desire to learn and be trained in career counselling skills, techniques and methodologies. The student must have good administrative skills and have a good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel and Word). Be creative and be able to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced working environment. Bilingualism is an asset.
How to apply: Eligible applicants must be registered on the Young Canada Works online website (https://www.youngcanadaworks.ca/index-eng.cfm). Only selected applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Retour à la recherche