Youth Radio Camp Facilitator
- Volet de programme : Jeunesse Canada au travail dans les deux langues officielles
- Titre de l'emploi : Youth Radio Camp Facilitator
- Nom de l’organisme : CKUT 90.3FM
- Lieu de l’emploi : Montreal, Québec
- Durée de l'emploi : 2017-06-05 à 2017-08-22 (12 semaines)
- Salaire horaire : 11,00 $
This is a student summer contract position.
Start date: June 5th, 2017 End date: August 22nd, 2016
Required Availability: Monday to Friday 8:00am to 4:00pm and some weekends and evenings in June.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Every summer Radio CKUT provides a unique opportunity for youth between the ages of 10 -17 to learn the ins-and-outs of radio broadcasting at our Youth Radio Camp. This is an opportunity for CKUT to bring in young producers and for the youth, who not often heard in mainstream media, to share their perspectives with the wider Montreal community. Over one and two-week sessions participants conduct interviews, create short documentaries, learn how to DJ, write, produce and host a live one-hour radio show on CKUT. Information about the summer camp can be found here: https://www.mcgill.ca/conservatory-camp/programs/radio.
We are seeking an enthusiastic student to work as one of the two Youth Radio Camp Facilitators this summer. The facilitators, with the support of the McGill Conservatory Camp Coordinator and CKUT Funding and Outreach Coordinator, will work closely with to schedule and plan eight weeks of camp activities, as well as lead the campers through the activities throughout the summer.
Their responsibilities will include:
- Attend a CKUT tour and become familiarized with the organizational structure, staff and facilities.
- Receive necessary training from various staff members such as the Production Coordinator, the Arts & Culture Coordinator, the Music Coordinator on how to use equipment and different studios, how to research and write for radio, and how to search in our music library.
- Attend specialized first aid training and an orientation on camp conduct, responsibilities and regulations.
- Produce segments for CKUT's daily news shows Off the Hour and The Morning After and host one edition of Off the Hour per week with the Community New Coordinator in order to practice and develop hands-on broadcasting radio skills.
- Provide equipment and production trainings to new CKUT volunteers to develop teaching and facilitation skills.
- Work with the other camp counsellor to prepare simplified technical trainings for the youth on portable recording devices, audio editing software, operating the on-air broadcasting studio and the production studio.
- Prepare workshops: on the history of radio, on developing interview skills, on preparing for a radio show, on developing topics for radio documentaries and radio plays, on hosting a radio show.
- Contact and schedule staff, volunteers and local Montreal community members to help various workshops on creative, artistic, and educational radio production for the campers.
- Facilitate eight weeks of camp: supporting and training campers through the planning, preparation and production of each weekly radio show.
- Share the work of the campers through online platforms.
- Maintain weekly reports of activities and archives for each session of camp.
- Prepare a final report (based on the weekly reports) outlining accomplishments, success and any challenges of the Youth Radio Camp, and provide recommendations for future camps.
ABOUT RADIO CKUT:
CKUT 90.3FM is a not-for-profit campus-based community radio station in Montreal. As a campus/community radio station, CKUT’s mandate is to provide an essential service to those in the Montreal community whose needs are not met by mainstream commercial radio. CKUT functions not only as an alternative to the status quo, but as a viable community resource. CKUT serves as a training ground for the community and student populations, and in doing so, provides an essential educational and informational service to the greater Montreal community.
-Excellent communication skills (listening and expressing) in French and English
-Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills
-Excellent interpersonal skills
-Excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills
-Experience working and skill-sharing with children and youth ages 10-17
-Experience with organizing workshops, events and/or programs
-Experience with sound recording and sound editing techniques and programs
-Commitment to anti-oppression principles
-Community radio or independent media experience
CKUT is a progressive working environment and recognizes experiences outside of the formal workforce as important qualifications. CKUT prioritizes the unique contributions that individuals from traditionally underrepresented and oppressed communities bring to our organization, and invites these individuals to apply. We encourage ALL applicants to make mention of the diverse experience that they may have had that would make them qualified for this position. Please indicate clearly in your cover letter that you would like to be considered for Employment Equity. You are encouraged, but not required, to self-identify if you are part of marginalized and oppressed communities that include but are not limited to: Indigenous peoples, women, visible and/or racialized minorities, persons with disabilities, immigrant, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and 2-Spirited persons.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The application deadline is Wednesday, May 17, 2017 at 5pm EST. Please indicate “Youth Radio Camp Facilitator” as your subject on your e-mail.
Retour à la recherche