Alternative Resource Guide Coordinator
- Volet de programme : Jeunesse Canada au travail dans les deux langues officielles
- Titre de l'emploi : Alternative Resource Guide Coordinator
- Nom de l’organisme : QPIRG-McGill
- Lieu de l’emploi : Montreal, Québec
- Durée de l'emploi : 2017-05-08 à 2017-08-25 (16 semaines)
- Salaire horaire : 12,50 $
QPIRG-McGill is hiring an Alternative Resource Guide and Agenda Coordinator!
Deadline to apply: Friday, April 28th, 2017 at 5 p.m.
This position is partially funded by the Young Canada Works (YCW) program. Candidates MUST be eligible for "YCW in Both Official Languages" positions (full-time students intending to return to school in the fall, not working full-time elsewhere - see www.youngcanadaworks.ca for eligibility details).
A successful applicant will be expected to:
- Liaise with campus groups, QPIRG working groups, and community groups to promote participation in the publication (for articles and for the resource database);
- Develop a student volunteer base of writers and artists;
- Strike a committee for the purpose of choosing content and determining outreach strategies;
- Collect, select, and assemble content into publication format, using a desktop-publishing and website-publishing software;
- Create a website containing the information regarding Montreal resources and articles on the issues;
- Design and implement the layout for the guide;
- Raise funds from campus departments for publication and distribution costs;
- Develop outreach and distribution strategy on and off campus;
- Liaise with QPIRG’s staff and volunteer Board of Directors;
- Evaluate the program and submit a final report for the Board of Directors.
- A demonstrated commitment to social and environmental change;
- Knowledge of social and environmental organization in Montreal;
- Computer literacy and familiarity with Mac environments;
- Fluency in English (oral and written);
- Ability to work in French (oral).
- Experience working in a consensus-based decision making model;
- Familiarity with desktop and website publishing software;
- Fluency in French (written);
- Experience in fundraising.
CONTRACT: 16 week contract: May 8th – August 25th, 2017; $12.50 per hour, 40 hours per week.
QUESTIONS: Call us at 514-398-7432 or e-mail us at email@example.com
QPIRG-McGill recognizes and welcomes the unique contributions that individuals from diverse communities bring to our organization, and invites individuals from these communities to apply. We encourage applicants to describe, in their cover letter and resume, the unique contributions they, as individuals with diverse experiences, would bring to QPIRG-McGill. Work experience at QPIRG is not a pre-requisite for the position, nor will it privilege your application.
As a bilingual and multicultural city, working in Montreal makes for a very exciting and interesting dynamic for young people working in the community sector. QPIRG-McGill has a great deal of contact with Anglophone, Francophone, and Allophone organization on campus and across the city.
Please send a cover letter and resume describing all relevant experience for the position and why you are interested in working as part of the QPIRG-McGill team over the summer.
Please submit your CV and cover letter to QPIRG McGill by 5pm on Friday, April 22nd, 2016
- via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- via fax to 514-398-8976 or
- dropped off in person or sent by mail to our office:
3647 University, 3rd Floor
**We regret that our space is not wheelchair accessible. Please contact us for more information.**
Retour à la recherche