Rad Frosh Coordinator
- Volet de programme : Jeunesse Canada au travail dans les deux langues officielles
- Titre de l'emploi : Rad Frosh Coordinator
- Nom de l’organisme : QPIRG-McGill
- Lieu de l’emploi : Montreal, Québec
- Durée de l'emploi : 2017-05-08 à 2017-08-25 (16 semaines)
- Salaire horaire : 12,50 $
QPIRG-McGill is hiring a Rad Frosh Coordinator!
Deadline to apply: Friday, April 28th, 2017 at 5 p.m.
This position is partially funded by the Young Canada Works (YCW) program. Candidates MUST be eligible for "YCW in Both Official Languages" positions (full-time students intending to return to school in the fall, not working full-time elsewhere - see www.youngcanadaworks.ca for eligibility details).
Rad Frosh is a three-day alternative orientation program for incoming McGill students, coordinated annually by QPIRG-McGill. Rad Frosh provides over 200 new McGill students with unique and exciting opportunities to meet fellow students with similar interests, and to also explore a range of social and environmental issues in that process. During Rad Frosh, students are introduced to countless grassroots and community organizations at McGill and across Montreal, and are exposed to a diversity of pertinent issues via workshops, panel discussions and walking tours of Montreal and McGill. Rad Frosh aims to offer new students a meaningful way of engaging with their campus and community.
- Liaise with the Students’ Society of McGill University (SSMU), other Frosh organizers, and other McGill groups to ensure that the orientations run smoothly;
- Meet regularly with QPIRG Staff and Board to maintain active support and involvement;
- Coordinate logistics (room bookings, meals, A/V rentals, etc.);
- Select and train volunteer facilitators who will guide students through the program;
- Fundraise, alongside other staff at QPIRG, for the various events throughout the three days;
- Recruit participants;
- Ensure smooth and easy registration processes;
- Coordinate promotions, such as the mail-out package introducing students to Rad Frosh, the website, and the creation of the logo etc.;
- Organize summer volunteers;
- Make programming decisions, such as workshops, scheduling, brainstorming the theme, and evening events (concerts and a fundraiser party) with support from the QPIRG Board and Staff;
-Evaluate the program and prepare a final report for the QPIRG Board of Directors.
- Ability to take initiative, work independently and as part of a team;
- Experience coordinating projects or events with student groups and/or community organizations;
- Well organized and able to work in a dynamic workplace;
- Interest in community work, especially with youth;
- Knowledge of Montreal grassroots and community groups;
- Knowledge of McGill clubs, services and campus groups;
- Bilingualism (English/French) is an asset; English will be the primary language of the program
CONTRACT: 16 week contract: May 8th – Aug 25th, 2017; $12.50 per hour, 40 hours per week.
LOCATION: Rad Frosh will be coordinated out of the QPIRG-McGill office at 3647 University, 3rd Floor. We regret that this space is not wheelchair accessible. Please contact us if our location poses accessibility barriers for you.
Working in such a multicultural and multilingual city such as Montreal makes for a very exciting and interesting dynamic for young people working in the community sector. QPIRG-McGill has a great deal of contact with Anglophone, Francophone and Allophone organizations on campus and across the city. As has been the case for many Rad Frosh Coordinators in the past, funded through Young Canada Works Program, the Coordinator will gain the unique experience of working in a bilingual, community-sector environment.
QUESTIONS: Call us at 514-398-7432 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
QPIRG-McGill recognizes and welcomes the unique contributions that individuals from diverse communities bring to our organization, and invites individuals from these communities to apply. We encourage applicants to describe, in their cover letter and resume, the unique contributions they, as individuals with diverse experiences, would bring to QPIRG-McGill. Work experience at QPIRG is not a pre-requisite for the position, nor will it privilege your application.
Please send a cover letter and resume describing all relevant experience for the position and why you are interested in working as part of the QPIRG-McGill team over the summer.
Please submit your CV and cover letter to QPIRG McGill by 5pm on Friday, April 28th, 2017
- via email to email@example.com
- via fax to 514-398-8976 or
- dropped off in person or sent by mail to our office:
3647 University, 3rd Floor
**We regret that our space is not wheelchair accessible. Please contact us for more information.**
Retour à la recherche