- Volet de programme : Jeunesse Canada au travail dans les deux langues officielles
- Titre de l'emploi : Project Assistant
- Nom de l’organisme : Girls Inc. of Halton
- Lieu de l’emploi : Milton, Ontario
- Durée de l'emploi : 2017-04-24 à 2017-08-25 (12 semaines)
- Salaire horaire : 16,00 $
Girls Incorporated of Halton facilitates mentoring through individual and group programs "inspiring all girls to be strong, smart, and bold."
Are you a bilingual, dedicated, college or university student who is looking to making a difference in the community using their organizational, technology and or science skills? Then we want to hear from you!
Computer skills and social media knowledge is also important so with your application show us how you communicate with the world.
Girls Inc. is hiring 2 Bilingual Project assistants to help our organization grow and fully serve the needs of the diverse Halton Region Community in English and French. You will work with a dedicated team of professionals who provide programming in schools and deliver programs about:
1. Media Literacy™ – Girls increase their awareness of the scope and power of the media along with the effects of media
messages on girls and women.
2. Leadership and Community Action™ - Girls celebrate the heritage of leaders and social change agents with support from
women in their community.
3. Friendly PEERsuasion™ – Girls learn through games, group discussions and role plays, about the importance of being an effective communicator as it relates to peer pressure.
4. Action for Safety™ - Girls learn to lead safer lives by developing skills and strategies to distinguish between an irritating, provocative or insulting situation and a dangerous one then determine an appropriate response.
A full program facilitation training package will be provided to ensure you are ready to lead the girls through a variety of programs.
About Our Charity Girls Incorporated of Halton, the first Canadian affiliate of Girls Inc. (www.girlsinc.org), has been providing mentoring to all girls from the ages of 6-18 years since 1986. We provide research-based, age appropriate programs that encourage girls to master physical, intellectual and emotional challenges in a safe and supportive atmosphere. Our programs develop self-esteem and leadership skills in an environment where similarities and differences between girls are valued, respected and celebrated. From exploring all types of careers, playing sports, managing their health, girls build skills for a healthy, independent life. Girls Incorporated is presently offering programs at no charge, to families and guardians in numerous schools within the Halton district.
Check out our website www. girlsinchalton.org for more information.
Please send your resume to email@example.com
Deadline to apply is May 1, 2017
Completed first year of College or University and planning to return to school in the fall.
Retour à la recherche