- Volet de programme : Jeunesse Canada au travail dans les établissements du patrimoine
- Titre de l'emploi : Museum Assistant
- Nom de l’organisme : Marine Museum of the Great Lakes at Kingston
- Lieu de l’emploi : Kingston, Ontario
- Durée de l'emploi : 2017-05-15 à 2017-08-04 (12 semaines)
- Salaire horaire : 11,40 $
The Museum Assistant will assist with a number of collections management tasks in a new museum facility and to a lesser extent help staff the museum public gallery, under the direction and supervision of the Museum Manager.
Principle areas of responsibility:
1. Assist with the management of the artefact and archival collections of the museum.
2. Organize, inventory, and facilitate proper storage of the artefacts and archival materials of the museum.
3. Create finding aids for the reorganization of the artefacts and archives in the new facility.
4. Unpack artefacts from packing materials, inventory artefacts and facilitate proper storage on shelves.
5. Periodically welcome visitors to the museum's new public gallery.
1. Must be eligible for funding under under the terms of Young Canada Works in Heritage.
2. Computer literate.
3. Strong organization skills.
4. Ability to work either independently and on a small team.
5. Post secondary interest in library/archive science or museum studies an asset.
6. Prior experience in museum collections management an asset.
7. Excellent customer service and communication skills.
8. Must be willing to work weekends.
To apply: Please send resume and cover letter outlining eligibility for Young Canada Works funding in Heritage to the attention of Doug Cowie. Email: email@example.com
Retour à la recherche