Historic Collections Assistant
- Volet de programme : Jeunesse Canada au travail dans les établissements du patrimoine
- Titre de l'emploi : Historic Collections Assistant
- Nom de l’organisme : YouthLink
- Lieu de l’emploi : Calgary, Alberta
- Durée de l'emploi : 2017-05-22 à 2017-08-11 (12 semaines)
- Salaire horaire : 14,00 $
Summer Job Opportunity
Job Title: Historic Collections Assistant
Start date: May 15th, 2017
End date: September 1st, 2017
Location: 5111 47 Street NE Calgary AB T3J 3R2
Hours of Work: Monday through Friday 9:00-5:00. Some evenings and weekend work required.
This position will provide the student with a basic introduction to the management of museum collections. Approximately 80% of this job will be on museum-related tasks including the digitizing, organizing and preservation of our historic collections, undertaking small research projects and assisting with the processing of different minor collections throughout the summer. The remaining 20% of the job will focus on an independent research based project which will further increase our knowledge of C.P.S. history.
Education – the student for this position must have completed at least three years of study at the University level, preferably in Museum Studies, Fine Arts or History although related disciplines would be considered. Ideally the candidate should be planning a career in the culture and heritage field.
Experience – Applicants who have the appropriate education plus some experience working in the museum field will be given preference.
Skills required: Computer – proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required, excellent written and verbal communication skills. Well-developed communication, organizational abilities, and attention to detail are required.
YouthLink Calgary is an independent charitable organization that operates in partnership with the Calgary Police Service to make positive connections between the public and CPS, to prevent crime and victimization, and to keep our youth and city safe for life. The museum offers interactive exhibits and experiential programming for audiences of all ages on forensic science, the historic and present day stories of the Calgary Police Service, and Street Smarts (Gangs, Drugs, Healthy Relationships, Bullying, and Online Safety). Our offerings include grade six full day field trips, public experience days on Fridays and Saturdays, summer camps in July and August, evening programs for Guides and Scouts, and special events for the community.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to:
Sean Corscadden @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that resumes without a cover letter will not be considered.
This position is funded through Young Canada Works. You are eligible to apply for this position if you:
• are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident, or have refugee status in Canada; Note: Non-Canadian students holding temporary work visas or awaiting permanent status are not eligible.
• are legally entitled to work in Canada;
• will be between 16 and 30 years of age at the start of employment;
• are willing to commit to the full duration of the work assignment;
• will not have another full-time job (over 30 hours a week) while employed with YCW;
• have been a full-time student (as defined by your educational institution) in the semester preceding the YCW job;
• intend to return to full-time studies in the semester following the YCW job.
Thank you to all who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Retour à la recherche