Education Programmer/Senior Historical Interpreter
- Volet de programme : Jeunesse Canada au travail dans les établissements du patrimoine
- Titre de l'emploi : Education Programmer/Senior Historical Interpreter
- Nom de l’organisme : Historic Markerville
- Lieu de l’emploi : Markerville, Alberta
- Durée de l'emploi : 2017-05-22 à 2017-08-14 (12 semaines)
- Salaire horaire : 16,50 $
Spend your summer in Central Alberta!
Markerville was established in 1888 by Icelandic pioneers. Nestled on the banks of the Medicine River, Markerville is a quaint & picturesque hamlet. Historic Markerville and the Markerville Creamery Museum are seeking an Educational Programmer/Senior Interpreter to join our summer staff. This is an exciting and challenging position vital to our summer season. Visit our website or our Facebook page (Historic Markerville Creamery Museum) for more information.
Do you have these qualifications?
• excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• ability to work with groups over a wide age range
• positive attitude and the aptitude to work well within a team environment as well as independently
• fluent in English (Bilingual in French and/or Icelandic would be a great asset)
• good computer skills
Yes? Then this position is for you!
1. Offer knowledgeable guided tours to visitors of the Markerville Creamery Museum
2. During May and June, presenting educational programs to school aged children, following the Alberta School curriculum, focusing on butter making, the dairy industry set in the early 1900’s and the traditionally Icelandic culture of Markerville.
3. During July & August, planning and hosting summer day camp programs for youth based on the educational program offered in May & June
4. Host senior, family and international visitor bus tour groups with guided tours of the museum & assisting with the preparation & service of our traditional Icelandic tour luncheons
5. Assist with the planning & presenting of special fundraising events that engage the community & visitors
6. Provide quality food & customer service in the Markerville Creamery Museum’s coffee shop
7. Daily facility maintenance
8. Assist visitors and community members with genealogy of the Markerville area
• knowledge of Alberta history
• First Aid certification
• retail or tourism experience, cash handling skills
• food handling experience - Safe Food training
• bilingual in French and/or Icelandic
Duration of Employment: May 2 – September 4, 2017 (Weekend work required)
Remuneration will be $16.50 per hour.
Send your resume and cover letter by to:
Historic Markerville Creamery Museum
Attention: Personnel Committee
114 Creamery Way, Markerville, Alberta T0M 1M0
Phone: 403-728-3006, Fax 403-728-3225, 1-877-728-3007
Retour à la recherche