Junior Planner - Heritage
- Volet de programme : Jeunesse Canada au travail pour une carrière vouée au patrimoine
- Titre de l'emploi : Junior Planner - Heritage
- Nom de l’organisme : Town of Grimsby
- Lieu de l’emploi : Grimsby, Ontario
- Durée de l'emploi : 2017-06-05 à 2018-02-02 (34 semaines)
- Salaire horaire : 18,00 $
The Town of Grimsby has an opening for an intern position of:
Jr.Planner - Heritage
- Property Research and report writing related to the Ontario Heritage Act (individual properties, cultural heritage landscapes and districts)
- Research and write text for historical plaques
-Reviewing and developing heritage façade improvement concepts for the downtown commercial façade improvement program and liasing with property owners.
- Assisting with the coordination and administration and serving as key point of contact for the Doors Open Grimsby Festival (2017) - Assisting the Grimsby Heritage Advisory Committee
-Assisting the Grimsby Façade Improvement Working Group
- Processing minor planning applications related to heritage conservation (Facade Improvement Grant, Heritage Permit Applications, Minor Variance applications related to heritage)
-Assisting with the submission of heritage award nominations and coordination of awards ceremonies.
- Other duties related to municipal planning and heritage as assigned.
- Recent Graduate in a program related to the position - History, Architecture, Urban Planning, Geography, Event Management
- Familiarity with the Ontario Heritage Act, Doors Open Festivals, research, writing for the public and photography.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, Use of Social Media, Proficiency in Typing
- Good Communication Skills, Organization Kills and research skills
- Applicants must meet Young Canada Works Eligibility Requirements for Interns
Anticipated Start Date: May 1, 2017 End Date: December 22, 2017
Salary: 18:00 per hour, 35 hours per week
Send applications by mail by 4:30 p.m. April 21, 2017 or until position is filled to: Town of Grimsby, 160 Livingston Avenue, Grimsby, Ontario, L3M 4G3 or by e-mail to email@example.com
Retour à la recherche