- Volet de programme : Jeunesse Canada au travail dans les établissements du patrimoine
- Titre de l'emploi : Museum Interpreter
- Nom de l’organisme : Knaut-Rhuland House Museum
- Lieu de l’emploi : Lunenburg, Nouvelle-Écosse
- Durée de l'emploi : 2017-05-22 à 2017-08-10 (12 semaines)
- Salaire horaire : 10,85 $
MUSEUM INTERPRETIVE GUIDE - SUMMER 2017
Organization: Lunenburg Heritage Society
Position Title: Museum Interpretive Guide at the Knaut-Rhuland House Museum
Location: Lunenburg, Nova Scotia
Interpretive guides share a living history experience with visitors through guided tours including the history of Lunenburg, the Knaut-Rhuland House Museum and the families that once occupied it. Other responsibilities include day to day basic maintenance of the house and garden, conducting sales in the onsite Lunenburg Heritage Society gift shop, and learning heritage skills and crafts.
This position would be ideal for students studying history, museum studies, heritage studies or an arts or culture-related degree with an interest in public presentation and theatre. Guides will dress in costume, and will be given the opportunity to learn skills such as weaving, knitting, spinning and gardening.
Applicants must be fluent in English, and a knowledge of French or German is considered an asset. Experience working with the public in a sales or service industry is also an asset. We are an equal opportunity employer. Apply by email to email@example.com
Retour à la recherche