- Volet de programme : Jeunesse Canada au travail dans les établissements du patrimoine
- Titre de l'emploi : Curator assistant
- Nom de l’organisme : Pontiac Historical Society
- Lieu de l’emploi : Shawville, Québec
- Durée de l'emploi : 2017-06-24 à 2017-09-04 (11 semaines)
- Salaire horaire : 11,25 $
210 Lake Street
P.O. Box 1036
Shawville, Quebec, J0X 2Y0
Term of Appointment: June 24 to Sept. 4, 2017
Remuneration: $11.25 per hour, 37.5 hours/week
The Pontiac Historical Society is seeking a dynamic individual who will, under the supervision of the Curator, Pontiac Museum: maintain and improve exhibits on the history of the Pontiac; develop and implement strategies and plans to increase visitor attendance and community awareness of the Pontiac Museum; improve collections management documentation; and provide interpretation and guide services to the public during opening hours.
- successful completion of Secondary 4 (Quebec) or equivalent
- knowledge of the history of Pontiac County, Quebec and Canada
- knowledge of the roles and activities of heritage organizations and specifically museums
- ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- ability to analyze and solve problems
- ability to work with others in a team environment
- demonstrated experience of word processing (e.g. MS Word).
This position requires the use of both official languages (English and French).
General Eligibility Criteria
You are eligible if you:
- are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident, or have refugee status in Canada;
- Note: Non-Canadian students holding temporary work visas or awaiting permanent status are not eligible.
- are legally entitled to work in Canada;
- are between 16 and 30 years of age at the start of employment;
- meet the eligibility criteria of the YCW program for which you are applying;
- are registered in the YCW on-line candidate inventory;
- are willing to commit to the full duration of the work assignment;
- do not have another full-time job (over 30 hours a week) while employed with YCW;
- have been a full-time student (as defined by your educational institution) in the semester preceding the YCW job;
- intend to return to full-time studies in the semester following the YCW job.
Note: Students with a disability are eligible for part-time work.
Come see us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PontiacHistoricalSociety/
Retour à la recherche