Museum Zoology Preparator
- Volet de programme : Jeunesse Canada au travail dans les établissements du patrimoine
- Titre de l'emploi : Museum Zoology Preparator
- Nom de l’organisme : Friends of the Royal Saskatchewan Museum Inc.
- Lieu de l’emploi : Regina, Saskatchewan
- Durée de l'emploi : 2017-05-01 à 2017-07-21 (12 semaines)
- Salaire horaire : 16,25 $
The Friends of the Royal Saskatchewan Museum is seeking an up-and-coming biologist to work as a zoology preparator at the Royal Saskatchewan Museum. The position will primarily involve the preparation of bird and mammal study-skins and skeletons for inclusion into the provincial natural history collection. Although primarily a lab-based position, there will be opportunity for accompanying museum staff as they engage field work throughout southern Saskatchewan.
In addition to meeting the conditions set out by Young Canada Works, to qualify for this position you should have at least two years of post-secondary education in biology or a similar field. It would be an asset to have some experience with animal dissection and microscopy, and some excitement and enthusiasm for working in a museum. It would be advantageous to have some knowledge about identifying wildlife.
Employment is for up to 15 weeks, beginning on May 1st. Pay is $16.25 per hour.
Email applications (cover letter and resume) to:
Dr. Ray Poulin (Head, Research and Collections, Royal Saskatchewan Museum) - Ray.Poulin@gov.sk.ca
Application deadline is April 16th.
Retour à la recherche