- Volet de programme : Jeunesse Canada au travail dans les établissements du patrimoine
- Titre de l'emploi : Museum Interpreter
- Nom de l’organisme : Norwegian Laft Hus Society
- Lieu de l’emploi : Red Deer, Alberta
- Durée de l'emploi : 2017-05-18 à 2017-08-10 (12 semaines)
- Salaire horaire : 14,00 $
Location: The Norwegian Laft Hus Museum, 4402 – 47 Avenue (Heritage Square), Red Deer, Alberta.
Wage: $14.00 per hour
Greet, welcome, and interpret the Laft Hus for visitors. Assist with cultural programs for the public, organize the children’s Summer Day Camp, do computer work, light housekeeping.
Necessary qualifications: Between the ages of 16 – 30 years, returning as a post-secondary student full-time in the next academic year, dependable, timely, friendly, an eager learner and computer savvy.
The summer interpreter will give guided tours of the museum to visitors while wearing traditional Norwegian costume. The summer interpreter will also learn to make Norwegian baking to offer to visitors. They will be required to assist with public programming, and organization of summer children’s program. Some desk work such as cataloguing artifacts, accessions, grant writing, and research will be performed as required. Other duties may include maintaining gardens, and boutique cashier.
The Norwegian Laft Hus supports equity employment, offering equal opportunity to all Canadians and encourages all to apply.
Retour à la recherche