- Volet de programme : Jeunesse Canada au travail dans les deux langues officielles
- Titre de l'emploi : Library Assistant
- Nom de l’organisme : Atwater Library and Computer Centre
- Lieu de l’emploi : Westmount, Québec
- Durée de l'emploi : 2017-05-29 à 2017-08-18 (12 semaines)
- Salaire horaire : 13,00 $
Position: Library Assistant
Dates: May 29, 2017 to August 18, 2017 (12 weeks)
Atwater Library and Computer Centre seeks a student studying in the field of library sciences with an interest in working in a small, historic community library based in Montreal’s city centre.
- Assist in weeding the non-fiction and fiction collections and removing weeded items from the library’s automated library system.
- Participate in the selection of library material
- Assist in cataloguing of purchased and donated library material
- Assist at the circulation desk and to provide reference information to patrons
- Develop displays and promotional materials to promote the collection
- Participate in the Home Delivery Program
- Assist in preparations to the Library’s Annual Summer BBQ and Book Sale on the lawn
--Student in library sciences or technology with a special interest in small community libraries.
--Knowledge of Marc Coding, AACR2 and a library automated system
--Excellent computer skills, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and a knowledge
of automated library systems, preferably Mandarin.
--Fluency in English, and knowledge of French.
--Excellent interpersonal skills, detailed-oriented
IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE CONDITIONS OF THE GRANT, STUDENTS MUST
1. have a permanent address in another province or live more than 125 km from the downtown Montreal.
2. plan to return to school in September 2017
3. have a permanent address in another province or live more than 125 km from the downtown Montreal.
4. be legally entitled to work in Canada;
5. be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or have refugee status in Canada;
6. be between 16 and 30 years of age at the start of employment.
Remuneration: $13 per hour, 8-hour day, one unpaid hour for lunch.
Deadline for applications: May 9, 2017
Atwater Library and Computer Centre
1200 Atwater Avenue
Westmount QC H3Z 1X4
Retour à la recherche