- Volet de programme : Jeunesse Canada au travail dans les deux langues officielles
- Titre de l'emploi : Membership Assistant
- Nom de l’organisme : ELAN Quebec
- Lieu de l’emploi : Montreal, Québec
- Durée de l'emploi : 2017-05-08 à 2017-08-25 (12 semaines)
- Salaire horaire : 13,00 $
Job Title: Membership Assistant
Duration: 12 weeks
Wage: 13.00 per hour, 35 hours per week
Start and End Dates: Flexible; 12 consecutive weeks between May – August 25, 2017
Language(s) of work: Intermediate to excellent oral and written English and basic (working knowledge of) oral and written French
Location: Montreal, Quebec
The English-Language Arts Network is a non-profit organization devoted to helping Quebec's English-language artists make connections with one another, with their francophone colleagues and with their audiences in Quebec, Canada and internationally.
ELAN is searching for a Membership Assistant for a sixteen-week period. This position will provide valuable experience for candidates considering a career in arts and cultural administration, marketing, and communications, especially in the not-for-profit sector.
The Membership Assistant will have the following duties:
1. Communicate with new, renewing, and inactive members, updating materials (welcome letters, reminder emails, etc.) in conjunction with ELAN’s communications plan
2. Maintain membership database and monitor statistics through monthly reports
3. Work with ELAN staff to improve membership engagement and retention
4. Assist staff in researching improvements to membership structure and services
5. Develop membership recruitment strategies as part of ELAN’s projects
6. Assist Board and staff in conducting outreach to underrepresented groups
The Assistant will also collaborate with ELAN staff on ongoing marketing and membership outreach
campaigns, through digital communications (social media, website, email) and other channels. Research, writing, and communication through email, by phone, in person, and online will be involved.
• Candidate should be pursuing a post-secondary university, CEGEP or college degree in arts and cultural management, arts administration, general or fine arts, communications, social sciences, marketing, or business.
• Intermediate to excellent spoken and written English; and a working knowledge of French.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word), social media (Facebook, Twitter, Hootsuite), email programs (Thunderbird), databases; knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Mailchimp, and Wordpress will be considered assets.
• Solid interpersonal communication and teamwork skills.
• Good organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
• Resourceful, with creative problem-solving skills, and the capacity to work autonomously.
• Experience with website design and digital communications will be considered an asset.
• Experience with outreach and development in the non-profit sector will be considered an asset.
• Knowledge of or proven interest in arts and culture or Quebec communities will be considered an asset.
Number of positions to be filled: 1 (One)
Unfortunately ELAN is not located in a fully accessible building. There is a wide doorway at the front entrance, and five steps in the lobby leading to the elevators. There is a cement ramp at the back entrance which leads to the elevators. There are wheelchair-accessible washrooms on the floor below ELAN’s office. For further information, call 514 935 3312 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply
Application Deadline: Thursday, April 20, 2017
Email applications to: email@example.com
Please include your CV and a cover letter in Word or PDF format.
If you have any questions about applying, please call 514 935 3312 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
ELAN is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce, encouraging applications from all qualified individuals. We strongly encourage applications from members of the Government of Canada’s job equity groups (i.e. persons with disabilities, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples, and newcomers to Canada). We encourage applicants who consider themselves part of these or other groups who experience marginalization to self-identify in their cover letter if they are comfortable doing so.
Information on Montreal
Montreal is the second largest city in Canada, and boasts one of the most exciting cultural scenes in the country. The city is home to thousands of talented musicians, dancers, visual artists, writers, theatre performers, and filmmakers. During festival season, you will have the opportunity to attend numerous cultural events such as the Jazz Festival and Just for Laughs Festival during off hours, as the famous plaza where they are held, the Place des Festivals, is a short walk from our door. ELAN’s office is located one block away from Place des Arts, an important performing arts venue. It is also located in the Quartier des Spectacles, which is the downtown hub of performing arts and gallery spaces.
The Tourisme Montreal website provides information on how to get around the city, where to eat, and special event descriptions: www.tourisme-montreal.org. Cult MTL’s event listings provide information on cultural events, focusing on the city's vibrant alternative and underground cultural scenes: www.cultmontreal.com
Retour à la recherche