Collections Management Technician
- Volet de programme : Jeunesse Canada au travail dans les établissements du patrimoine
- Titre de l'emploi : Collections Management Technician
- Nom de l’organisme : City of Lloydminster
- Lieu de l’emploi : Lloydminster, Saskatchewan
- Durée de l'emploi : 2017-05-15 à 2017-08-06 (12 semaines)
- Salaire horaire : 15,00 $
Term of Employment: Internship, Full-time (May 15 – August 27th, 2017)
Rate of Pay: $15.00/hour
Location: Lloydminster Cultural & Science Centre
Duties: The Lloydminster Cultural & Science Centre’s Collections Management Technician will
be responsible for the organization, cataloguing, and storage of the Centre's heritage
• Catalogue, photograph, research and pack a large volume of heritage
artifacts in accordance with museum standards.
• Develop a thematic reorganization plan for long-term storage.
• Compile a loan inventory.
• Develop a cataloguing manual for staff/volunteers.
• Compile a report of De-accession recommendations for Management.
Qualifications: The idea candidate would be completing a Bachelor Degree or Diploma in History,
Material Culture of Museum Studies and returning to school in the Fall.
• Previous work in a Museum or Art Gallery would be considered an asset.
• Advanced research skills.
• Proficient in basic computer programs such as Microsoft office and excel.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• The candidate must be able to work with limited supervision.
Schedule: The Collections Management Technician will work days, evening and/or weekends. Monthly
schedules are provided in advance and the Supervisor will accommodate vacation requests
to the best of their ability.
The City of Lloydminster is an equal opportunity employer.
If you have questions or require further information on this position, please contact the
People Department. All applications must be made in writing to the person named below.
Acting Manager, People
City of Lloydminster
4420 50 Avenue
Lloydminster, AB/SK T9V 0W2
Information about Lloydminster Cultural & Science Centre:
The Lloydminster Cultural & Science Centre is located on the Saskatchewan side of the City of Lloydminster and interprets the history, art, cultural and science of the region. It consists of a three main galleries; the Imhoff Gallery, the Fuchs’ Wildlife Gallery and Heavy Oil Science Centre. The LCSC also hosts a variety of travelling exhibitions and special events throughout the year. In 2009, the Richard Larsen Museum, open since 1967 and part of the LCSC, was forced to close it’s doors due to flooding and structural issues. The Heritage Collection of 20,000 artifacts was relocated to onsite storage and remains inaccessible to the public. The LCSC is involved in numerous community events, for instance; StreetFest, WinterFest, Canada Day and the Harvest Festival. The LCSC coordinates annual events; Egg Decorating, Heritage Day, Culture Days, and Winter Spectacular. The LCSC also provides educational and public programming to the public in the form of arts workshops, science programs and exhibition-based programs. Local art shows display the talent of a growing and vibrant arts community in Lloydminster and raises awareness about the importance of arts & culture.
For more information, please visit: http://www.lloydminster.ca/lcsc
Information about the City of Lloydminster:
Lloydminster is a city which has the unusual geographic distinction of straddling the provincial border between Alberta and Saskatchewan. The municipality is Canada’s only inter-provincial community and prides itself on being both an Alberta and Saskatchewan City. The City of Lloydminster is also located between two distinct environmental regions where prairie landscape meets boreal forest. Sandy Beach Lake Regional Park is just a short drive from Lloydminster, approximately 12 miles north on Highway 17. The Vic Juba Community Theatre offers great theatrical performances and concerts throughout the year. Bud Miller All Seasons Park is a great place to go snowshoeing in the winter and cycling in the summer.
For more information, please visit:
City of Lloydminster: http://www.lloydminster.ca/index.aspx?nid=9
Lloydminster Tourism: http://www.lloydminstertourism.ca/
Lloydminster Chamber of Commerce: http://www.lloydminsterchamber.com/lloydminster-guide/
Retour à la recherche