- Program stream: Young Canada Works in Heritage Organizations
- Job title: Museum Assistant
- Organization name: Forestburg & District Museum
- Job location: Forestburg, Alberta
- Length of assignment: 2017-05-15 to 2017-08-04 (12 weeks)
- Hourly wage: $16.00
Forestburg & District Museum
needs 1 full-time
For 12 weeks beginning May 29 and ending August 18, 2017
- Open museum to the public, help plan and deliver programs for children and adults
- Develop displays on community music and help organize concerts in bandstand on museum grounds
- Work on archival and catalogue records
- Must be 16 – 30 years old and a full-time university or college student returning to school in the fall; Arts or Education field preferred; musical, artistic or design talents would be an asset
- Need to be proficient in technology, have good communication and organization skills, be creative, enthusiastic and enjoy working with the public
- Rate of pay is $16/hour; 35 hour work week
Resumes to Forestburg Historical Society, Box 46, Forestburg, AB T0B 1N0 by May 24, 2017, email email@example.com, or apply at http://young-canada-works.canada.ca
This position is funded through Young Canada Works. Applications are encouraged from the Government of Canada’s job equity groups - youth with a disability, Aboriginal youth, visible minorities and new Canadians.
Forestburg is a community of about 850 located in east central Alberta, about an hour's drive southeast of Camrose. Facilities include outdoor swimming pool, 9-hole golf course, riding arena, baseball diamonds, library with summer kids programs, two campgrounds and motels, Battle River Rail train tours.
For more information, contact Edith at 780-582-3790.
Back to search