Electronic Records Management Assistant
- Volet de programme : Jeunesse Canada au travail dans les établissements du patrimoine
- Titre de l'emploi : Electronic Records Management Assistant
- Nom de l’organisme : Women's Art Museum of Canada / Musée d'art de la femme du Canada
- Lieu de l’emploi : Edmonton, Alberta
- Durée de l'emploi : 2017-05-15 à 2017-08-04 (12 semaines)
- Salaire horaire : 17,00 $
About us: The Women's Art Museum of Canada / Musée d’art de la femme du Canada (WAM/MAF) was started as an initiative to build a museum in 2006, in order to preserve women’s visual heritage in Canada through a mandate of promoting Canadian women's initiatives in the visual arts; establishing a museum for women's visual arts; educating the public to the value of women's art; and providing networking and professional development opportunities to women in the visual arts. Our presence was primarily on the web with occasional projects that featured WAM/MAF in public spaces. We opened a small museum November 1, 2015 and, since then, we have developed projects and programs to further develop the museum led by our team of volunteers, some of whom have considerable expertise in non-profit development. We also have a museum archivist, who has 28 years of experience with the Provincial Archives of Alberta. Our objective is to interest young professionals to focus on women’s art and the equity issues and challenges that they still face.
Job Title: Electronic Records Management Assistant
Job Duration: 12 weeks starting either May 29 or June 5; 35 hours per week.
Job Description: The Electronic Records Management Assistant will develop and implement strategies to describe, preserve and access electronic records produced or acquired by the Women’s Art Museum of Canada / Musée d’art de la femme (WAM/MAF), including email, text, web, social media, video and image. The strategies will conform to Canadian records management/archival standards. This work shall be done under the supervision of the WAM/MAF Archivist and the President. The prospective ERM Assistant will prepare a policy and procedures report of the Electronic Records Management system implemented for the museum’s existing content and present ideas for its future development.
• 2rd or 3th year post-secondary student in a related field (i.e., Electronic Records Management & Information technology, Museum Information Management);
• A keen interest in museum and archives content management.
• Good oral and writing skills in French and English;
• Proficiency with Excel, Word, and some entry level skills with Adobe software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Dreamweaver;
• Well versed in the use of computers, digital printing and/or presentation equipment;
• Able to work with minimal supervision under the direction of the Archivist and the President;
• Good people skills.
For more information, please contact Danielle LaBrie at 780 803 2016 or email@example.com or visit our website, www.wamsoc.ca. Our museum is located in La Cité francophone in Edmonton across the street from the University of Alberta- Campus Saint-Jean. There are many attractions in Edmonton, including West Edmonton Mall, The Works, The Fringe and the Street Performers’ Festivals.
Retour à la recherche