- Volet de programme : Jeunesse Canada au travail dans les établissements du patrimoine
- Titre de l'emploi : Museum Technician
- Nom de l’organisme : Algonquin Park Visitor Centre & Archives and Algonquin Park Logging Museum
- Lieu de l’emploi : Algonquin Park, Ontario
- Durée de l'emploi : 2017-06-17 à 2017-09-04 (12 semaines)
- Salaire horaire : 11,40 $
The Friends of Algonquin Park is seeking a qualified student to work as a Museum/Archives Technician in the Natural Heritage Education Program in Algonquin Provincial Park.
Employment is for 12 weeks from June 10 to September 4, 2017. The rate of pay is $11.40/hour based on 40 hours/week, working week days, weekends, and statutory holidays as per schedule. Staff house accommodations may be available to qualified candidates.
• Providing information on Park operations and facilities, and cultural and natural history at the Algonquin Park Visitor Centre Museum/Bookstore/Information Desk and the Algonquin Logging Museum/Bookstore/Information Desk
• Processing bookstore sales and subsequent stocking preparations
• Balancing sales remits and cash floats at end of each shift
• Opening and closing of the interpretive facilities and maintaining exhibits and theatre operation daily
• Assisting with interpretive programs in Algonquin Park such as Wolf Howls and Loggers Day
• Excellent computer skills
• Experience in customer service and retail operations
• Knowledge of Ontario’s natural and cultural history
• Knowledge of Algonquin Provincial Park
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and oral and written communication skills
• An appreciation for the outdoors
• A valid MTO Driver’s License
• A personal transportation vehicle to get to and from the workplace
• A valid First Aid/CPR Certificate
This is an excellent opportunity to work with the keen Natural Heritage Education team in a world-class park.
A detailed resume outlining knowledge, skills, experience, and references should be emailed, mailed, faxed, or dropped off to:
Lee Pauzé, General Manager
The Friends of Algonquin Park
Algonquin Park Visitor Centre (at km 43)
Algonquin Provincial Park
Box 248, Whitney, ON, K0J 2M0
Tel: (613) 637-2828 Fax: (613) 637-2138
The Friends of Algonquin Park supports Job Equity. We are an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Interviews will be held at The Algonquin Park Visitor Centre located at km # 43 on Hwy 60 in Algonquin Provincial Park.
Retour à la recherche