- Volet de programme : Jeunesse Canada au travail dans les deux langues officielles
- Titre de l'emploi : Prep Cook
- Nom de l’organisme : Camp Fircom Society
- Lieu de l’emploi : Gambier Island, Colombie-Britannique
- Durée de l'emploi : 2017-05-01 à 2017-08-20 (16 semaines)
- Salaire horaire : 15,00 $
2776 Semlin Drive, Vancouver, BC V5N 4R6
Web Site: www.fircom.ca
Want to get out of the city for the summer? Would you like to be somewhere surrounded by beautiful mountain views, ocean waterfront and great hiking trails? Then Fircom is the place for you! The Camp Fircom Society, a member of United Church of Canada Camping Ministry, is seeking a Prep Cook. Camp Fircom is located on the south eastern tip of Gambier Island in British Columbia, a short water taxi ride from Horseshoe Bay and 1 hour from downtown Vancouver by public transit. It is a 120 acre waterfront property and has a new kitchen and dining hall and serves groups up to 200. We cater to groups of all ages including schools, retreats, conferences, and weddings. We have a garden, love recycling and composting, use solar power and aim to be a zero waste facility.
Come join an energetic staff team to provide quality service to our renters and summer camp for kids and families!
This is a kitchen position with duties including dishwashing, prep, serving, and cleaning. The kitchen is run by our Head Chef and serves a large majority of vegetarian fare while using the organic produce from our farm. Learn a whole bunch of new skills and recipes to take home at the end of the summer. It is sure to be a tasty one!
• Level 2 - Criminal Records Check and Food Safe Certificate upon hire
• Basics of verbal and written English communication skills
• Reliability and Strong Work Ethic!
• Driver’s Licence (occasional food moving in a truck/car from dock to kitchen)
• First Aid
This job is on Gambier Island and will require you to be on site five days of the week. The position starts May 1st until August 20th, 2017. It will have shared accommodation and free meals when working on site. Training will be given on site.
The wage is $13.50/hour. To apply please email your resume and cover letter to Ana-Luz Cobon at email@example.com
No phone calls please.
Camp Fircom Society of the United Church of Canada
The Prep Cook assists in providing food services during the summer rental season under the supervision of the Head Chef and Sous Chef. The Prep Cook is also responsible for providing prep support, maintaining a clean and organized work area while following the food safety standards for dishwashing. The Prep Cook will represent the Camp and its Mission and Goals to its clients, neighbours and the public.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist in preparation of meals in conjunction with the Kitchen Managers.
• Clean and store dishes according to health and safety standards.
• Assist in service of meals and coordinate system for renters/campers for returning dishes to the kitchen
• Maintain required health standards in the kitchen.
• Communicate daily with the Kitchen Managers regarding overall functioning of food services.
• Be aware and alert of any new or impending risks and convey this to the appropriate authority.
• Participate in evaluation process and make any recommendations for following years.
• Model enthusiastic, mature leadership to campers, volunteers, and staff.
• Be sensitive to and strive toward fulfilling the mission and goals of Camp Fircom.
• Other duties as required which may include compost and farm related jobs.
LINE OF REPORTING:
• Reports to the Head Chef/Sous Chef or Executive Director in absence of Chef.
• Confident communication skills.
• Positive attitude and work ethic.
• Food Safety Certification upon hiring process
Retour à la recherche