Collections Assistant – MacLachlan Woodworking Museum, Pump House Steam Museum, Kingston City Hall NHS, Civic Collection
- Volet de programme : Jeunesse Canada au travail dans les établissements du patrimoine
- Titre de l'emploi : Collections Assistant – MacLachlan Woodworking Museum, Pump House Steam Museum, Kingston City Hall NHS, Civic Collection
- Nom de l’organisme : City of Kingston Cultural Services - Civic Museum Collection
- Lieu de l’emploi : Kingston, Ontario
- Durée de l'emploi : 2017-05-22 à 2017-08-11 (12 semaines)
- Salaire horaire : 12,00 $
Job Title: (Student Job) - Collections Assistant
Job Category: SUMMER STUDENT
Department: Cultural Services
Bargaining Unit: Student
Job Type: Summer Student
Number of Positions: 2
Length of Time: 16 weeks
Hours of Work: 35 hrs/wk
Applying for a summer student job at the City of Kingston is now easier. The City of Kingston has a new on-line recruitment system. When applying to a summer student opportunity you will complete you submission entirely on-line through the convenience, ease, and timeliness of the internet.
All students must be full time students at a recognized secondary or post-secondary institute and be returning to full time attendance in the Fall of 2017. Students must meet the basic requirements of the position. Should you be offered a position, with the City of Kingston, you will be required to submit verification of school status.
• Catalogue artifacts held in the City’s civic collection which includes City Hall, MacLachlan Woodworking Museum and Pump House Steam Museum;
• Provide general office support, including filing and data entry;
• Handle/move artifacts and memorabilia held in the City’s civic collection;
• Photograph artifacts;
• Responsible for the storage and inventory of artifacts;
• Assist with minor preventative conservation as directed by the City Curator & Civic Collection Technician;
• Research the history and background of artifacts;
• Communicate with donors and visitors;
• Rotate pest management traps;
• Hours of operation are 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday to Friday;
• Other duties as assigned.
• MUST BE ENROLLED IN AND RETURNING TO POST SECONDARY STUDIES IN FALL OF 2017;
• Must meet eligibility requirements for Young Canada Works summer employment program www.pch.gc.ca;
• Background or experience in one or more of the following areas: museology, archival science, history, public administration, library science, and/or record and information management;
• Must demonstrate corporate competencies: Customer Focus, Results Orientation, Integrity, and Teamwork.
Skills, Abilities, Work Demands
• A satisfactory CPIC (Criminal Record Check), including Vulnerable Sector, will be required at successful candidates expense;
• CPR-A Certification required prior to start date, CPR-B/CPR-C an asset;
• Valid class “G” Ontario driver’s license and access to transportation;
• Strong attention to detail;
• Previous experience with database software an asset;
• Appreciation for the care, treatment and preservation of artifacts;
• Intermediate skills in MS Office;
• Proficient with the use of detailed digital photography;
• Ability to complete tasks with minimum supervision
• Proven customer service skills;
• Experience in a museum or gallery an asset.
How to Apply
Your resume and cover letter must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements of the position.
Please upload to your profile, any educational Degrees, Diplomas and/or Certificates that are relevant and required for the position you are applying to.
We thank all of those who apply; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. The City of Kingston is an equal opportunity employer. Information collected will be handled in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Submissions for summer student positions will only be accepted on-line and must be completed by the closing date. The application deadline is Sunday March 5, 2017 and full details and forms can be found at www.cityofkingston.ca/city-hall/careers.
Retour à la recherche