Education and Public Engagement Assistant
- Volet de programme : Jeunesse Canada au travail dans les établissements du patrimoine
- Titre de l'emploi : Education and Public Engagement Assistant
- Nom de l’organisme : The Koffler Gallery
- Lieu de l’emploi : Toronto, Ontario
- Durée de l'emploi : 2017-05-02 à 2017-07-22 (14 semaines)
- Salaire horaire : 14,00 $
Education and Public Engagement Assistant – Koffler Gallery
16 week position
Starts: Tuesday, 2 May, 2017
Ends: Saturday, 19 August, 2017
Wage: $14.00/hr for 37.5 hrs/wk
The Koffler Gallery is seeking a friendly, energetic and organized individual with an interest in gaining valuable experience within the field of arts education. Working in a creative and vibrant setting, the Education and Public Engagement Assistant will help the Koffler Gallery’s education team in supervising the Gallery space during public hours, engaging with visitors, guiding summer educational programs, and increasing the number of educational programs offered. Daily administrative tasks also include: assisting with the planning, coordination, and management of various events including workshops, opening receptions, and gallery tours. This position also includes a research component in which the candidate will research the Ontario curriculum and will compile a series reading material pertaining to the Koffler’s exhibitions for the planning of the 2017/2018 education programs.
• Current university studies in visual arts, art history, arts education, arts management, or a related field is mandatory
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including public speaking and presentation experience
• Ability to multi-task and work well independently / within a team
• Experience working within an educational and creative setting
• An enthusiastic and energetic communication style
• Strong customer service, organization and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work all sixteen (16) weeks (mandatory)
• Ability to speak French is an asset
• Familiarity with the Ontario Curriculum is an asset
• Eligible for Young Canada Works program
The Koffler Centre of the Arts is a Jewish cultural organization that engages its Jewish identity with diverse perspectives and global voices. It presents a cross-disciplinary program encouraging inter-cultural dialogue, inquiry and exploration.
As a public gallery guided by its own Advisory Committee, the Koffler Gallery operates under the umbrella of the Koffler Centre of the Arts with a mandate to offer a dynamic forum for contemporary art and a year-round program of exhibitions, publications, public events and educational initiatives. The Gallery fosters the production of new works by Canadian and international artists in all stages of their careers, while being accessible and engaging for audiences of all ages, cultural backgrounds and walks of life.
The Koffler Centre of the Arts is committed to employment equity and building strength through diversity. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates and encourage women, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and Aboriginal peoples to apply.
Retour à la recherche