- Program stream: Young Canada Works in Heritage Organizations
- Job title: Curatorial Attendant
- Organization name: The Town of Richmond Hill - Heritage Services
- Job location: Richmond Hill, Ontario
- Length of assignment: 2017-06-05 to 2017-08-25 (12 weeks)
- Hourly wage: $11.40
Community Services Department
Recreation & Culture Division
Reporting to the Heritage Services Coordinator, the Curatorial Attendant will be responsible for the updated digitization of the Town of Richmond Hill’s Collection, artifact cataloguing and exhibition development. Duties will include; digitalization, collections management, conservation and research related to the collection and exhibition design. Assistance with Heritage Services programming as required
You are pursuing a post secondary education in Museum Studies, education or Cultural Management or equivalent. You are a responsible, organized and self motivated individual able to function in a multitask environment with little supervision and have the ability to consistently meet deadlines. You possess strong communication, problem solving research and visual skills. You must possess a current Standard First Aid and CPR certificate. Photography knowledge.Well-developed computer skills in Word, Excel and database management, and program software. The ability to occasionally work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends is required. Heavy lifting is required.
HOURS OF WORK:
35 hours for 12 weeks.
RATE OF PAY: $11.40 per hour
The Curatorial Attendant is dependent on funding from the Canadian Heritage Young Canada Works program (YCW). Candidates for the position must:
• be legally entitled to work in Canada;
• be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident, or have refugee status in Canada (unfortunately, non-Canadian students holding temporary work visas or awaiting permanent status are not eligible);
• be between 16 and 30 years of age at the start of employment;
• intend to return to full-time studies in the fall of 2017.
• Applications will be accepted up to 4:30 p.m. on April 19, 2017. Apply online through RHLink (select Human Resources / Job Opportunities) or on our website at: RichmondHill.ca
The Town of Richmond Hill is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Eligible candidates will be interviewed. The successful candidate will be offered the position and required to start on June 5, 2017. Position is subject to funding. This employment opportunity is made available through funding provided by Canadian Heritage: Young Canada Works in Heritage Institutions. All potential candidates must be registered with YCW- BCH
Back to search